Adding Clouds to a Photo in Photoshop
- January 4th, 2024
Hello and welcome to Creative Nerds. In today’s Photoshop tutorial, we will learn how to add clouds to any photo within Photoshop. This tutorial will guide you through the process step by step.
Premium design assets for
your next project
Acess to a huge libary of design resources from Photoshop brushes to vector resources.Join today
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- A photo to work with
- Select a photo that you want to add clouds to.
- Download a cloud image from Unsplash.com or any other source you prefer.
- Open Photoshop and open both the photo and the cloud image.
- Drag the cloud image to the top of the canvas.
- Go to
Black and White.
- In the adjustments panel, move the blues slider all the way down and reduce the cyan slider to -40.
OKto apply the Black and White adjustment.
- Change the blend mode of the cloud layer to
Screen. This will blend the clouds with the photo.
- Adjust the position of the cloud layer to place it where you want it to be in your design.
- Optionally, you can duplicate the cloud layer, move it across, and scale it down to create multiple clouds or a different placement.
- Once you are satisfied with the cloud effect, save your modified photo.
That’s it! You have successfully added clouds to your photo using Photoshop. Thank you for following this tutorial. Stay tuned to Creative NERD for further quick tips on how to use Photoshop.
Hello and welcome to Creative Nerds. In today’s Photoshop tutorial we’ll be sharing with you how you can add clouds to any photo within Photoshop. So we’re going to start off by selecting a photo and then we’re going to add in our cloud image which we’ve downloaded from Unsplash.com and we’re just going to drag that up towards the top of the canvas and then we’re going to head over to Image, Adjustments and we’re going to select Black and White. From there we’re just going to move the blues all the way down and then also drop down the cyan also to minus 40 and select OK. From there we’re going to change the blend mode to become Screen and then we’re just going to adjust the cloud to where we want it to be on our design and then we can duplicate the layer again and we can move it across and we can scale it down. And there you go, we’ve created a nice cloud effect that we’ve been able to add to our photo. Thanks for watching and stay tuned to Creative NERDS for further quick tips on how to use Photoshop.