Creating An HDR Photo Effect In 3 Simple Steps
Just a quick tip on how to create a HDR looking photo effect using Photoshop by making image adjustments and playing around with filters. The perfect tutorial for Photoshop beginners and even a great tutorial for a Photoshop expert.
Video Screen Cast Of The Tutorial
The Tutorial also comes with a video screen cast to compliment the text and image tutorial.
1. Applying Shadow And Highlight
Start off by opening up Stock Photo in Photoshop.
1. Then Select Image > Adjustments > Shadow/Highlight,
turn the shadow amount up to 50% and the Highlight amount to also 50% then select the OK button.
2. We Next Want To Desaturate The Photo
2. Duplicate the layer by right clicking on the layer and selecting the duplicate layer.
then select image > adjustment > Desaturate the image this will then turn the image black and white.
We then want to change the blending mode on that layer to overlay.
3. Applying An High Pass Filter
3. Next select the bottom Photoshop layer and duplicated it we then want to move that layer to the top of all other layers. Then select filter > other > High pass,
we then would like to change the radious to 66
once that’s been done select the OK button. All what’s left to do is change the blending mode for that layer to soft light.